FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Clay Smith extended his goal-scoring streak to six straight matches in the 34th minute and the defense did the rest in a 1-0 win over visiting Marywood.
Inside the Box Score
- Smith's goal was his ninth of the year. The junior tied the record for consecutive matches with a goal set by Guillame Farges and Drew Demich.
- AJ Lewis had an assist.
- Hood held a 21-4 edge in shots and Danny Castillo needed to make just one save for the shutout.
How it Happened
- Lewis sent a long throw-in towards the box and Smith found the back of the net for the lead in the 34th minute.
- In the second half, Hood continued to dominate possession and outshot the Pacers 10-1 and attempted five corners to finish the evening with a 14-0 advantage.
- Mike Gallagher had a strong night in net for Marywood with 13 saves.
The Blazers, 4-1-1 on the year, head to St. Vincent on Saturday, September 22 at 1 p.m.