FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team was defeated by the visiting Lycoming Warriors by a score of 13-5 on Senior Day in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest.
Inside the Box Score
- Patrick Hurley notched two goals for the Blazers.
- Grayson Zubradt added a goal, an assist, and three caused turnovers.
- Ben Gilbert scooped up five ground balls.
- Alden Grayson-Funk also caused three turnovers.
- Noah Waterlander played the first half and made three saves. Kyle Morgenroth played the second half and stopped eight shots.
How it Happened
- The Warriors started the game on a three goal spurt that was stopped by Hurley at the 8:54 mark of the first period when he found the back of the net for Hood.
- Drew Collins, Connor Riorden, and Andrew Ream each scored for Lycoming to give the Warriors a 6-1 lead after one period.
- Lycoming used three unanswered goals to extend the lead before Bentley LeBarron scored with 5:09 left to make the score 9-2 heading into halftime.
- Hurley opened up the second half scoring for the Blazers with another goal at 12:41.
- Riorden scored again for the Warriors at 3:01 before Zubradt found Jason Jaworski at the 2:14 mark for a man-up goal.
- Lycoming used two unanswered goals before the end of the third quarter to take a 12-4 lead into the fourth.
- Tyler Thompson found the back of the net early in the fourth period for the Warriors to push the lead to 13-4.
- Zubradt scored at the 3:06 mark off of a pass from Zak Kooser to round out the scoring on the day.
- Ream scored four goals and had two assists. Riorden added four goals.
- Thompson notched two goals and five helpers.
- Collins chipped in with two goals and two assists.
- Alex Artur picked up six ground balls.
- Michael Tenant made 14 saves in 53 minutes of action. Tim O'Connor made one save in seven minutes of action.
The Blazers host Stevenson on Tuesday, April 24 at 3:30 p.m.