Apr 18, 2018
GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth final at Messiah 20-6.
Inside the Box Score
- Bentley LeBarron had a goal and two assists.
- Connor Smith and Eddie Somerville had two goals apiece.
- Zak Kooser finished with a goal and an assist. The two points gave him 100 career points, becoming just the third player in school history to reach the milestone.
- Michael Mullen and Ben Gilbert had four ground balls apiece.
- Noah Waterlander and Kyle Morgenroth each played a half in goal. Waterlander made 10 saves in the first half and Morgenroth stopped seven shots in the second half.
How it Happened
- The Falcons started fast, jumping ahead 8-0 after the first quarter, including three goals by Joseph Franken.
- Kooser and LeBarron scored for the Blazers in the second quarter but Messiah added five goals for a 13-2 edge.
- Somerville scored the first goal of the second half before a four-goal run by the Falcons made it 17-3.
- Smith scored before and after a tally by Somerville during a 3-0 run that pulled the Blazers within 17-6 with 13:11 to go in the game.
- Messiah scored the game's final three goals to put the game away.
- Franken finished with six goals and two assists. Liam Lilienthal added four goals and an assist.
- Lucas Honebrink went 19 of 25 on face-offs and had 11 ground balls.
- Four keepers saw time for the Falcons. Beau McCarver led the group with five saves.
Hood hosts Lycoming on Saturday, April 21.