FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's lacrosse team fell to the Albright Lions 8-7 in double overtime in the Blazers' first Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth matchup of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Grayson Zubradt scored three goals.
- Zak Kooser added a goal of his own along with three assists.
- Patrick Hurley notched two assists.
- Will Clampitt scooped up four ground balls.
- Ian Wittler caused three turnovers.
- Noah Waterlander made eight saves in the first half. Kyle Morgenroth made four saves in the second half.
How it Happened
- Cole Hinds was able to score with 42 seconds left in the second overtime to seal the win for the Lions.
- Hood had sent the contest to overtime in the final seconds. After Albright scored with 1:13 to go to take an 7-6 lead, the Lions won a faceoff. Wittler caused a huge turnover that allowed Eamon Mulligan to scoop up the ground ball and dish it ahead to Bentley LeBarron who was able to find the back of the net to tie the game with just 20 seconds remaining.
- Albright got on the board first with a goal by Ethan Gain at the 11:27 mark but Connor Smith answered for Hood with 7:30 remaining in the first period to tie the game 1-1.
- Kooser and Josh Patterson opened up the scoring in the second period to give the Blazers a 3-1 edge with 9:20 left in the half.
- The Lions responded with two goals to tie the game 3-3 heading into halftime.
- The two teams traded goals in the third period, two by Zubradt and two by Albright, to even the game up again 5-5 before the final quarter.
- Zubradt opened the scoring in the fourth period before two goals by the Lions setup LeBarron's game-tying score.
- Gain notched two goals and an assist while Hinds and Nick Tonno had two goals apiece. Jack Bobel added two assists. JJ Boliaux picked up five ground balls and Ryan Wilburn had two caused turnovers. Ryan Aler made 13 saves in goal for the Lions.
The Blazers travel to Widener on Saturday, April 7 at 1 p.m.