Posted: Feb 18, 2018
TOWSON, Md. - The Hood College men's lacrosse team dropped its season opener 10-5 at Goucher.
Inside the Box Score
- Patrick Hurley led the offense with two goals and two assists.
- Bentley LeBarron scored twice in his collegiate debut.
- Michael Mullen, also in his first collegiate contest, led the team with six ground balls.
- Eamon Mulligan caused three turnovers.
- Noah Waterlander made nine saves.
- Ben Gilbert went 6 of 14 on faceoffs.
How it Happened
- Goucher's defense held the Blazers in check during the first half and two scores by the Gophers' Zephan Harnish helped build a 5-0 lead at halftime.
- Harnish scored again to open the second half, but the two teams traded goals during the third quarter. Grayson Zubradt took an assist from Zak Kooser with 9:23 left in the period to get the Blazers on the scoreboard. After a man-up goal by the Gophers, Hurley scored on an extra-man opportunity with an assist from Mullen with 5:17 left to make it 7-2. Hurley scored Hood's final goal of the period to cut the Goucher lead to 8-3 heading into the final quarter.
- Goucher scored twice to open the fourth period before LeBarron scored the day's final two goals both assisted by Hurley.
- Harnish led all players with three goals to go with one assist. Matt Woodson dished out three assists. Nick Patterson added five ground balls. Matt Messerle made 12 saves.
Hood hosts Shenandoah on February 24.