UPPERCO, Md. - Hood College's Tanner Leonard shot a 72 to win by two strokes at the Stevenson Fall Invitational at Piney Branch Golf Club.
On the Scorecards
- Leonard won for the second time this fall, this one-over-par round coming on the par-71, 6,493-yard course at Piney Branch. The 72 was the third-best round in school history and one shot off the school record.
- The junior led a group of four Blazers in the top 11 finishers.
- Sam Driscoll shot a 78 and tied for seventh.
- Lance Coffey's 79 was a career-best and tied for ninth overall.
- Andrew Heon finished with an 80 to claim 11th.
- Brandon Walker made his collegiate debut with a 95 and was 32nd.
- Hood's 309 was second to the hosts from Stevenson, who shot a 301. The Blazers' team score tied for the second-best round in program history.
Hood wraps up the fall portion of the season at the F&M Invitational at Bent Creek Club in Lititz, Pa. on October 14.