Posted: Sep 17, 2019
HERSHEY, Pa. - Hood College's Tanner Leonard tied the school record with a round of 71 at the Elizabethtown Invitational at Hershey Country Club East.
On the Scorecards
- Leonard defeated Eastern's Nicky Marrollo by one stroke for the win on the par-71, 6,384-yard course. He tied former Blazer and current assistant coach Andy Baker for the school record. It was Leonard's first career round at Hood after transferring from York (Pa.).
- He was not the only Hood golfer to shoot a round that made it into Hood's all-time top 10. Sam Driscoll, who tied for fifth, shot a 74 to tie for the fourth-best round in school history and matched his collegiate best.
- Andrew Heon shot a 78 and tied for 15th.
- Derek Wyld's 87 tied for 47th and Alex Polidoro was tied for 62nd with a 94.
- Hood was third overall with a 310, one shot off of the school record of 309 set in 2010.
- Division II Millersville won the team scoring with a 302. Penn St. Berks was second at 307.
The Blazers travel to Dickinson on September 23.