FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team held Messiah scoreless for over eight minutes to start the game and extended its win streak to six straight with a 77-51 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang led the Blazers with 15 points, six rebounds and four assists.
- Evan Wang added 13 points and Michael Riley finished with 11.
- Hood went 12 of 30 from 3-point range (40 percent).
- The Blazers held the Falcons to just 28 percent shooting overall and 4 of 25 from behind the arc (16 percent).
How it Happened
- Hood jumped out a 15-0 lead in the first 8:08 of the game. A stifling defense held the Falcons to 0 for 12 shooting and five turnovers during the run. Will Young IV finally put Messiah on the scoreboard with 11:52 to go in the half.
- A 3-pointer by EJ Porter cut the deficit to eight, 19-11, with 9:02 left in the half before Hood went on another run. Riley started the run with a 3-pointer, followed by a pair of threes by Ruiz. A layup by Tyler Evans with 1:33 left in the half made it 35-14. Messiah scored once more to make it a 19-point deficit at the half.
- Hood extended the lead to as many as 34 twice in the second half. The first was on a 3-pointer by Ian Eversull that made it 58-24 with 12:09 to go in the game. Evans knocked down a 3-pointer with 7:27 left for a 67-33 edge.
- Young IV went 7 of 15 and finished with 19 points but no other Falcon scored more than seven.
- Hood's average margin of victory in its current six-game win streak is 24 points.
- The Blazers improved to 13-6 overall and 7-3 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Messiah dropped to 7-12 overall and 3-7 in the league.
The Blazers look to stay in the win column with a road game at Widener on January 26.