FREDERICK, Md. - Behind a season-high 14 points from Ian Eversull and Michael Riley's first career double-double, the Hood College men's basketball team defeated visiting Albright 84-47 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Eversull went 5 of 9 from the floor, including 2 for 4 from 3-point range. He also grabbed eight rebounds and came up with three steals.
- Riley had a career-high 10 rebounds and scored 12 points.
- Anthony Pearson scored a dozen points off the bench.
- The Blazers outrebounded the Lions 54-34 rebounding advantage.
- Hood held the Lions to just 28 percent shooting overall and 6 of 30 at the 3-point line. The shooting troubled carried over to the free throw line as Albright was just 7 of 15. It was Hood's best defensive performance since limiting Messiah to 45 points in February 2016.
How it Happened
- The Blazers opened the game with a 33-12 run over the opening 14 minutes behind 10 points from Riley. Albright picked up the pace down the stretch, but Hood still led 41-23 at the break.
- Hood stretched the lead to 39 in the second half on a free throw by Pearson to make it 72-33 with 9:38 left to play.
- Jared Rappoport hit 4 of 5 field goals to lead the Lions with nine points.
- Hood held Samuel Majekodunmi, who entered the game averaging 20 points per game, to just five in the contest. It was the first time this season he failed to score in double figures.
- The Blazers improved to 9-6, while Albright dropped to 4-11.
- Hood's margin of victory in the past two games is 43.5 points.
The Blazers will look to stay in the win column when Lycoming visits BB&T Arena on Saturday, January 12.