FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's basketball team dropped a home Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth matchup with the Widener Pride by a score of 88-61.
Inside the Box Score
- Michael Riley led the Blazers with 16 points.
- Anthony Pearson pulled down a career-high 10 boards.
- Evan Wang added four assists and three steals.
How it Happened
- The Blazers opened the game on a 9-2 run to force an early timeout by Widener. Riley knocked down two of his three 3-pointers during the run.
- The teams traded leads until Widener went up 23-21 on two free throws by Tyler Drews.
- Widener closed the half on a 14-7 run to take a 34-27 lead into halftime.
- Hood trimmed the lead to three on a layup by Ian Eversull at the 18:19 mark but could get no closer.
- The Pride shot 9-16 (56%) from three-point range in the second half to open up the lead.
- Drews and Ryan McMahon each recorded double-doubles for the Pride. Drews nearly missed a triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists. McMahon added 14 points, 10 boards, and six assists.
- Jared Peters came off the bench for a game-high 18 points.
- Elijah Boyd had 11 points and 7 rebounds. Jalen Howard added 12 points.
The Blazers travel to Lebanon Valley on Saturday, December 15 at 3 p.m.