FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team fell to Randolph-Macon in the championship game of the MMI Tip-Off Tournament 91-61.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang was the only Blazer in double figures with 13 points on 5 of 10 shooting.
- Anthony Pearson led the team with seven rebounds.
- Kobe Butler dished out a team-high three assists.
How it Happened
- Randolph-Macon came out firing in the first half, connecting on 56 percent from field (15-27). The Yellow Jackets hit 10 of 20 3-pointers in half to build a 43-23 lead at the break.
- Hood shot just 32 percent in the first half before knocking down 48 percent of its second-half attempts. The Blazers went 7 of 14 in the second half on 3-point field goals but were unable to cut into the lead.
- Mason and Evan Wang represented Hood on the all-tournament team.
- Corey Bays led the Yellow Jackets with 23 points and knocked down 7 of 12 from behind the arc.
- Buzz Anthony was named the MVP of the tournament after scoring 16 points to goal along with eight assists and four steals.
- Luke Neeley hit four 3-pointers off the bench to finish with a dozen points.
Immaculata's Mike Piekarski and Gallaudet's Noah Valencia rounded out the all-tournament team.
The Blazers host Wilson in a non-conference contest on Monday, November 12 at 7 p.m.