OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Hood College's Michael Riley scored a career-high 23 points to lead the Blazers past Stevenson 76-56 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Riley shot 8 of 14 from the floor, including 5 of 10 from 3-point range. The sophomore finished with six rebounds and four steals.
- His evening punctuated a strong shooting night for Hood. The Blazers shot 50 percent from the field and went 9 of 23 behind the arc (39 percent).
- Evan Wang had a strong all-around effort with 11 points, six assists and three steals.
- Luke Casey overcame foul trouble to grab eight rebounds and block a pair of shots.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 26-25 with 7:08 left in the first half, but took a 40-27 lead at halftime after a 15-1 run to end the period. Mason Wang scored the first five points of the run to put the Blazers ahead and the Mustangs went 0 for 7 with six turnovers in seven minutes heading into the break.
- Riley scored the first five points of the second half and Hood led 48-27 after a 3-pointer by Jared Ruiz with 18:13 left in the game. Stevenson chipped away at the deficit and pulled within 56-46 after a free throw by Marcus Dentley with 6:54 remaining.
- Riley caught fire to swing the momentum back in favor of the Blazers. He scored the team's next 11 points as Hood stretched the lead back to 74-49 with 2:42 to go with an 18-3 run. The sophomore came up with a steal and Ian Eversull nailed a 3-pointer at the other end for the 25-point advantage.
- Mark Terrell led Stevenson with 14 points, while Danzel Wright added a dozen.
- The Mustangs struggled shooting the ball much of the evening. Stevenson shot only 36 percent and went 4 for 23 from 3-point range (17 percent).
- Hood's bench outscored the Mustang reserves 24-13 in the contest.
The Blazers host Widener on Saturday, February 10 at 3 p.m.