FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College men's basketball team fell to the Wilmington Quakers by a score of 89-77 in the Blazers first game of the Rotary of Frederick Holiday Classic.
Inside the Box Score
- Jared Ruiz led the Hood attack with 19 points.
- Luke Casey chipped in with eight points and nine rebounds.
- Kobe Butler added eight points and eight boards.
How it Happened
- A three-pointer by Tyler Evans gave Hood a four point lead with just under five and half minutes to play in the first half.
- The Quakers responded with a 5-0 run and both teams traded buckets for the remainder of the half making it 40-38 at the break.
- Hood closed the gap and made it 51-50 after two free throws by Ruiz at the 15:32 mark of the second half but Wilmington answered with a layup by Colin Myers.
- A 7-0 run by the Quakers gave them a 73-63 edge with 6:19 left in the game.
- Another run by the Quakers gave Wilmington a 13 point lead with 1:45 left to go.
- Hood could not close the gap and the Quakers converted from the free throw line late in the game.
- Christian Jones had a game-high 24 points, going 9 of 10 from the free throw line.
- Myers scored 14 points and Nathan Scott added 12 points, connecting on 4 of 6 three-pointers.
- Turnovers plagued the game as Hood committed 34 to Wilmington's 28.
- The Quakers edged the Blazers in rebounds 41-34 and shot 47% from three.
The Blazers will play in the consolation game of the Rotary of Frederick Holiday Classic tomorrow at 1 p.m. against Catholic University at BB&T Arena.