Posted: Oct 26, 2019
ANNVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College field hockey team fell 7-0 at Lebanon Valley in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Nicole Bennett made 17 saves in goal for the Blazers.
- Marietta Cordero and Laurann Rowe each had a defensive save.
How it Happened
- Three different LVC players, Danielle Alba, Faith Dinger and Ashley Sheibley, scored in the first quarter as the Dutchmen took control of the game early.
- Hood's Libby Bahoric nearly cut into the LVC lead late in the second quarter but was turned away Corinne Kearney.
- Cecil Kat scored twice in the first five minutes of the third quarter to put Lebanon Valley ahead 5-0.
- Both defensive saves for the Blazers came in the third quarter. Rowe turned away a Kassidy McKeever offering in the 38th minute and Cordero stopped Scheibley in the 44th minute.
- Sheibley added her second of the day later in the third and McKeever scored in the fourth quarter for the final tallies of the afternoon.
- Kat and Sheibley had two goals apiece.
Hood wraps up the season at No. 12 Messiah on October 30.