FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College field hockey team dropped its Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest against the visiting Mustangs of Stevenson University with a score of 6-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Nicole Bennett made nine saves in a 30-minute stint in goal. Kenzie Blair made two saves in the second half of play.
- Hood's best scoring opportunity came in the 40th minute when Andrea Kundrick's shot was forced wide due to Stevenson's strong defense.
How it Happened
- Stevenson's Kaitlin Kearns scored in the 12th minute to give the Mustangs an early lead.
- Camryn Kelly's goal from Brooke Morris added a cushion for Stevenson midway through the second quarter.
- Olivia Lewis and Emma Adams each scored a goal in the third quarter of play.
- With a double assist from Camryn Kelly and Brooke Morris, Kendra Meyer added the fifth goal for the Mustangs.
- Cristina Parrish capped off the scoring in the 55th minute with an unassisted goal.
The Blazers travel to Lebanon Valley for a conference matchup on October 26.