FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College field hockey dropped its home opener of the 2018-19 season to the visiting Virginia Wesleyan Marlins by a score of 15-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Hailey Poisal notched 19 saves for the Blazers and Nicole Bennett tallied six.
- Jayden Barrick made a defensive save.
How it Happened
- Julie Fassl opened up the scoring at the 2:20 mark followed up by a goal from Catalina Jones just over a minute and a half later to give the Marlins an early 2-0 lead.
- The Marlins went into the half with a 4-0 lead.
- Virginia Wesleyan controlled much of the second half scoring 11 unanswered goals.
- Jones and Elizabeth Roberto each notched hat-tricks. Roberto added two assists.
- Fassl notched two goals and an assist. Emily Price added two goals.
- Skye Swain and Maura Bridges combined for a shutout. Bridges made one save.
Hood travels to Shenandoah on Wednesday, September 5 at 4 p.m.