FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College baseball team picked up a 21-1 win over visiting Gallaudet in non-conference baseball action.
Inside the Box Score
- Trent Copenhaver went 3 for 5 with a double, a walk, two runs scored and four runs batted in.
- Jordan Patterson was 2 for 2, scored three times and drove in three.
- James DeProspero finished 2 for 4.
- Daniel Shepherd walked twice and stole a pair of bases.
- Joe Kroeger had an RBI double and scored three times.
- Brad Sawyer picked up the win with five innings of four-hit baseball. He struck out six and walked one.
- Four relievers combined for four scoreless innings. Connor Henniges tossed the sixth and seventh, Chris Devine pitched the eighth, and Bobby Ferguson and David Dinges split the ninth.
How it Happened
- The Blazers scored four times in each the first and second inning to take control of the game. In the first, Shepherd scored on a balk and Kroeger, Patterson and Derek Wyld followed with run-scoring base hits. Patterson had a two-run single in the second for the big hit of the inning.
- A wild pitch and a base hit by Andrew Wenner in the fourth made it 10-0.
- Copenhaver ripped a bases-loaded double in the sixth to fuel a five-run inning.
- Hood scored its final six runs in the eighth, scoring via a myriad of methods. A balk, a single, a bases-loaded hit by pitch, a fielder's choice, a ground out and another RBI single all produced runs for the Blazers.
- Cameron Upton had a single and two walks for the Bison. Bryan Ramos-Navarro reached on a hit and a walk.
- Robersy Delgado pitched the first two innings and took the loss.
- Hood drew 12 walks in the game and five more batters were hit by pitches.
The Blazers host Elmira in a non-conference doubleheader on Saturday, March 1 at noon.