Apr 08, 2018
As part of NCAA Division III Week, Hood College is asking student-athletes to tell us about their experiences as a D3 student-athlete.
Andrew Catone, Senior, Baseball
- Major (minors): Criminal Justice and History double major
- Why Hood? It gave me an opportunity to continue my baseball career, and I like the small school atmosphere.
- Why do you enjoy being a D3 student-athlete? Because it gave me a chance to live out my dream of playing college baseball, while also receiving a quality education.
- What is your favorite memory as a Hood student-athlete? Getting the first save in the first game in school history my freshman year in my first collegiate appearance with my dad there to watch.
- Tell us a fun fact most people don't know about you. I helped Braxton Davidson get drafted in the first round by the Atlanta Braves… by giving up a home run to him in summer ball in high school.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a future Blazer? Trust yourself and always believe that you will succeed
- Favorite food: Barbecued pulled pork sandwich
- Favorite movie/book: Harry Potter
- Dogs or cats: Dogs, without question
- Go-to song before a big game/event: Any Chris Stapleton song
- Favorite TV show (all time): Game of Thrones
- Favorite music genre: Country
- Favorite sports team: Jacksonville Jaguars