FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Hood College scored in double figures for the seventh straight game and extended its unbeaten streak to open 2018 to 12 games with a 19-4 win over Northwestern (Minn.).
Inside the Box Score
- Drake Friend and Brad Sawyer had four hits apiece for the Blazers. Friend scored four times. Sawyer came up just a home run short of the cycle and scored three runs.
- Daniel Shepherd notched three hits, including a double, walked and scored four runs.
- Cam Esposito, Nathan Kessler and Quinn Fulton recorded three hits apiece. Esposito and Kessler each tripled.
- The Blazers tallied 23 hits in the game.
How it Happened
- Hood scored multiple runs in each of the first five innings.
- Sawyer had an RBI double in the first when the Blazers took a 3-0 lead. Friend added a two-run single in the second as Hood expanded its lead to 8-1.
- Three more Blazers scored in the third and Northwestern added another to make it 11-2.
- Shepherd had a two-run single in the fourth and Friend knocked in another run during a five-run inning to make it 16-2.
- A two-run bottom of the fourth for the Eagles to make it 16-4 before Friend, Sawyer and Patterson capped the scoring for the Blazers in the sixth with RBIs.
- Complete stats are not available.
- Caleb Piersma scored twice for Northwestern (Minn.).
The Blazers will look to stay hot when they take on Western Connecticut State on Tuesday, March 13 in Fort Pierce, Florida.