CARLISLE, Pa. - The Hood College baseball team scored double-digit runs for the third consecutive game to improve to 8-0 with a 15-2 win over Dickinson.
Inside the Box Score
- Cam Esposito continued his strong play, going 3 for 6 with four runs batted in. The senior was just a home run short of the cycle.
- Nathan Kessler went 3 for 4 with three runs scored, three RBIs and two stolen bases.
- Daniel Shepherd walked three times and drove in two.
- Brad Sawyer improved to 2-0 on the year, pitching five innings. He struck out six, walked two and allowed six hits. Ryan Atkinson, Jahlin Jean-Baptiste and Jake Howell each pitched scoreless innings of relief.
How it Happened
- The Red Devils took and early 1-0 lead with a run in the second before the Blazers broke the game open with 11 total runs during the fourth and fifth innings.
- Hood did all of its scoring in the fourth with two outs. Kessler tied the game with an RBI single that knocked in Drake Friend. After Dylan Beck walked to load the bases, Esposito hit a bases-clearing triple to right field to make it 4-1. He then scored on a wild pitch for the final run of the inning.
- In the fifth, Kessler drove in two with a bases-loaded single to stretch the lead to 7-1. Kessler and Friend then executed a double steal and the throw to third got away, allowing Friend to come home for a seven-run lead. Esposito drove in another run with a run-scoring double. Shepherd followed and squeezed home both Esposito and Beck for an 11-1 lead.
- Dickinson answered with a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the inning to make it 11-2.
- Hood scored four more runs in the seventh before the game was called due to darkness and inning later.
- Hood drew 10 bases on balls in the contest.
- Alex Cohen had two hits to lead Dickinson. He and Max Brown doubled.
- Jake Geddes took the loss. He allowed five runs on three hits and six walks over four innings.
The Blazers put their unbeaten streak on the line when they host Central Penn on Friday, March 9.