Oct 26, 2017
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball hit .609 to set a new school record in a 3-0 senior night win over Trinity Washington.
Inside the Box Score
- The Blazers had 32 kills and just four errors in 46 attempts. The .609 percentage easily broke the old mark of .536 against Wilson in 2003.
- Hood had 30 aces in the match, the most in a match since 2008.
- Payton Belella led the team with 10 aces, the highest single-match total since 2011. The junior added 22 assists for the double-double.
- Kelsey Ritner, honored pre-match, served up six aces, had a kill on her only attack and doled out three assists.
- Kari Betson had eight kills and four aces in her final collegiate match.
- Elena Zinaich had nine kills to lead Hood.
- Tailyn Kite hit a perfect 6-for-6 in the match.
How it Happened
- Hood hit over .800 in two of the three sets, including the first set when the Blazers hit 12-1-13. Ritner and Betson combined for seven aces during a 15-1 run to start the match.
- In the third set, the Tigers put together their best stretch of the night. A service ace by Ramona Santa made it 4-1 in favor of Trinity and the Tigers still led 6-5 their only kill of the evening. Courtney Hutchinson tied the set with a kill and brought up Belella's turn to serve. The junior ripped off eight of her 10 aces in the 15-0 run to take control back.
- Trinity Washington failed to find its offense, hitting a negative-.409.
- Tatiana Marroquin had the only kills for the Tigers. Santana added two aces and five digs.
- The match ended Hood's season at 11-18.