CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College volleyball team fell 3-0 at Widener in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
The Pride won 25-17, 25-22, 25-17.
Inside the Box Score
- Tailyn Kite registered a career-high 13 kills to lead Hood.
- Payton Belella had 25 assists.
- Defensively, Kari Betson and Courtney Hutchinson had four blocks apiece, while Renee Reus added 10 digs.
How it Happened
- The Pride jumped ahead 15-5 in the first set. A kill by Elena Zinaich later pulled the Blazers within 23-17 before Widener finished out the set.
- Hood trailed 15-7 in set two, but four times cut the deficit to two points.
- The third set started with another run by the Pride, who jumped ahead 12-5. The Blazers rallied and pulled within 12-11. The two teams traded points and after a kill by Kite made it 13-12, Widener scored seven straight points to put the set out of reach.
- Nicole Dorman led Widener with 10 kills.
- Carly Histing, Claire Kaufmann and Natalie Winn each had five blocks.
- Both teams are 10-18 on the season. Widener improved to 3-4 in the MAC Commonwealth, while Hood fell to 2-6.
The Blazers close out the season on October 26 when Trinity Washington visits BB&T Arena for Senior Night at 7 p.m.