FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College received a strong all-around performance from Kari Betson in a 3-0 win over Albright in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
- Hood won 25-15, 25-20, 25-16
Inside the Box Score
- Betson had 14 kills and just one error, hitting .542 for the match. She had a double-double with 15 digs and added four aces, three assists and two blocks to her evening.
- Elena Zinaich recorded 10 kills and four blocks.
- Payton Belella dished out 34 assists and Renee Reus matched Betson with 15 digs.
How it Happened
- Courtney Hutchinson had four of her nine kills during a 10-3 run in the first set that put Hood ahead 17-7. The Blazers hit .344 in the set to go ahead 1-0 in the match.
- The Lions pulled within 20-18 in the second set, but two kills apiece from Zinaich and Tailyn Kite down the stretch helped Hood hold on for the win.
- Hood committed just one attacking error in the third set, hitting .414 to seal the win. Hood led just 9-8 before closing out with a 17-8 run that included four kills by Betson.
- Kellie Hill led the Lions with seven kills.
- Claudia Guise had 15 assists, while Paige Westra added 13 digs.
- The win was Hood's sixth straight, improving the Blazers to 10-15 overall and 2-5 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Albright fell to 3-18 and 0-6 in the league.
Hood heads to Washington College on October 21 for a tri-match including Elizabethtown.