FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team notched 44 kills during a 3-0 straight-set win against Mt. Aloysius.
Hood won 25-19, 25-22, 25-22.
Inside the Box Score
- Payton Belella, Kari Betson, and Tailyn Kite each recorded a double-double.
- Elena Zinaich and Kite led all players with 12 kills.
- Renee Reus tallied 22 digs during the match.
- Belella handed out 40 assists.
- Courtney Hutchinson registered seven kills and zero errors for a hitting percentage of .438.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 12-10 in the first set before two Zinaich kills and a Mt. Aloysius service error capped a 15-6 run for the win.
- After the Mounties scored set two's first point, the Blazers tied the score and never trailed again. Mt. Aloysius put pressure on Hood after three straight points made the score 24-22. Their late surge was squelched when a block by Ziniach and Betson put Hood up two sets to zero.
- In the third set, the score was tied 20-20 but a kill from Kite rallied a 5-2 run taking the Blazers to victory.
- Jessica Bressler and Emma Pevarnik split 28 assists evenly throughout the match.
- Kylee Clawson recorded 16 digs for the Mounties.
- Sarah Fisher led the team in kills with 8.
The Blazers host Albright during a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth competition on Wednesday, October 18 at 7 p.m.