ANNVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College women's volleyball team ran into a Lebanon Valley team that was on fire, hitting .446 for the match, in a 3-0 loss for the Blazers in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
LVC 26-15, 25-11, 25-16
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich had nine kills and four aces for Hood.
- Payton Belella led the team with 14 assists and nine digs.
How it Happened
- Jess Attieh caused problems for the Blazers all evening with 16 kills and a .583 hitting percentage.
- The Dutchmen did not put together a run in the first set but steadily pulled away with a .438 hit rate with just two errors for the 25-15 win.
- In set two, LVC had 15 kills and just one error.
- Hood's defense stepped up in the third set. A kill by Courtney Hutchinson pulled the Blazers within 19-16, but six straight points by the Dutchmen ended the match.
- Jensen Burnheimer had 37 assists.
- Emily Smeltz tallied 11 digs and three aces.
Hood hosts McDaniel on Thursday, September 14 at 7 p.m.