GETTYSBURG, Pa. - Payton Belella set the Hood College career assist record as the Blazers took on Gettysburg and Muhlenberg in a tri-match.
Unfortunately for Hood, the Bullets and Mules both won in three sets.
Belella had 56 assists between the two matches and now has 1,862 for her career. That surpassed the previous record of 1,844 by Robin Deniker.
- Gettysburg won (3-0) 25-15, 25-19, 25-21.
- Muhlenberg won (3-0) 25-23, 25-19, 25-22.
Inside the Box Scores
- Kari Betson had a total of 25 kills between the two matches, including 13 against Gettysburg. She and Courtney Hutchinson each had four blocks between the two matches, including three apiece against Gettysburg.
- In addition to her record-setting assist tally, Belella led the Blazers with 22 total digs on the afternoon.
How it Happened (Muhlenberg)
- Hood led 23-21 in the first set before the Mules took four straight points to take a 1-0 lead in the match.
- The third set took a similar route as the Blazers tied things at 22-22 before three straight Muhlenberg points sealed the win.
How it Happened (Gettysburg)
- After the Bullets took the first two sets, Hood jumped ahead 7-3 after a kill by Elena Zinaich in the third set. With the Blazers leading 9-5, Gettysburg rambled off seven straight points to take command of the set.
- Hood is now 9-18 overall.
- Gettysburg improved to 16-7.
- Muhlenberg is 17-9.
The Blazers host Widener on Senior Night on October 25 at 7 p.m.