FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's volleyball forced a fifth set, but Lancaster Bible came back for a 3-2 win in non-conference play.
LBC won 22-25, 25-19, 25-17, 18-25, 15-11.
Inside the Box Score
- Kari Betson had a huge night attacking with 25 kills. The tally is the third highest single match total at Hood and the most since the 2000 season. The senior also had 15 digs and four blocks.
- Payton Belella dished out 43 assists, tied for the 10th best match in school history. The sophomore added 15 digs, three aces and a solo block.
- Kelsey Ritner's 22 digs are the most for a Blazer this season.
- Elena Zinaich finished with 12 kills and two blocks, while Courtney Hutchinson added three blocks.
How it Happened
- Hood won the first set, before the Chargers took the next two. The Blazers regrouped and picked up a fourth set victory to force a decisive fifth set.
- LBC took a 4-3 lead in the fifth set, but a kill by Zinaich started a 5-0 run that built an 8-4 lead. After a Betson kill made the score 10-7 in favor of the Blazers, the Chargers reeled off seven straight points to take command.
- Hood's record stands at 7-16, while Lancaster Bible is 9-14.
- Alyssa Bowen led the Chargers with 14 kills and eight blocks; Allison Shuey had 41 assists; Natalie Kennedy added 19 digs and three aces; Hannah Gipe finished with seven blocks.
The Blazers travel to Mt. Aloysius on October 13 for a 7 p.m. contest.