HAGERSTOWN, Md. - The Hood College women's indoor track and field team competed in its final tune-up before the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships later this month with a trip to the Larry Sharpe Invitational at Hagerstown Community College.
How it Happened
- Lauren Crossey won the 1,000-yard run with a time of 3:44.50. She added a top-five finish in the 500-meter, as well (1:37.39).
- Danielle Pitts was second in the weight throw at 11.59 meters (38-0 1/2).
- A trio of runners had personal bests in the 200-meter dash. Gretchen Young (29.23), Sam Plinke (29.36) and Melissa Merritt (30.74) each ran their fastest collegiate time. Young was third in the event, one spot ahead of Plinke, as both qualified for the MAC Championships.
- Plinke and Merritt turned in personal bests in the 55-meter dash in 8.24 and 8.36, respectively.
- "This was a very good low-key meet to go after some personal bests and conference qualifiers in our fourth straight week of competing," said Head Coach Chris Benassi. "We executed very well highlighted by Freddy, AJ, Gretchen, and Sam stamping their tickets to the MAC Championships in the heptathlon and 200 respectively. We get to recover this week and are primed to have a great showing at MACs in two weeks."
Hood heads to the MAC Indoor Championships at Lehigh University on February 22-23.