GETTYSBURG, Pa. - Competing on her own senior day, Hood College's Samantha Bailey set the school record in the hammer throw for the third straight week at the Mason Dixon Invitational at Gettysburg College.
How it Happened
- Bailey's record-setting throw traveled exactly 41 meters (134-6), adding approximately 0.7 meters to her record from a week ago. Bailey finished second. She was also seventh in the discus with a best mark of 31.96 meters (104-10).
- Danielle Pitts took third place in the discus with a throw of 34.91 meters (114-6). The mark rates second in program history.
- In the pole vault, Christmas was sixth, topping 2.35 meters (7-8 1/4). She added a seventh-place finish in the triple jump to her afternoon with a hop, skip and jump of 9.65 meters (31-8).
- The 400-meter relay team of Mangogna, Sam Plinke, Melissa Merritt and Christmas was seventh in 54.31.
- Gettysburg won with 155.5 points.
- Hood was ninth with 23 points.
The Blazers head to the Paul Kaiser Invitational on April 28.