TOWSON, Md. - Hood College's Karina Stetsyuk won the 3,000-meter steeplechase and finished fourth in the javelin to lead the Blazers at the Goucher Track and Field Classic.
How it Happened
- Stetsyuk had the winning time of 12:53.02 in the steeplechase. Her throw of 101-2 (30.84 meters) was good for fourth in the javelin.
- Jill Heymann and Jackie Mangogna scored points in the 100-meter hurdles. Heymann was fifth in 17.08 seconds in the finals and Mangogna was right behind in sixth with a time of 17.63. Heymann was even faster in the preliminaries, running a 16.63. She was also sixth in the triple jump with a mark of 31-6 1/2 (9.61).
- In the 400 hurdles, Anne Lessard and Alyssa Siebers finished fifth and sixth.
- Samantha Bailey captured eighth place in the hammer with a throw of 120-6 (36.72).
- As a team, Hood was sixth with 43 points. Stevenson won the team title with 171.
Hood heads to the Bobcat Invitational at Frostburg St. on April 1.