Dec 03, 2016
COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College women's track and field team opened its season at the Bow-Tie Classic at Ursinus and finished sixth.
How it Happened
- Jackie Mangogna had two of the Blazers' three third place finishes. The junior was third in the long jump at 15-5 1/2 (4.71 meters) and the high jump by clearing 4-7 3/4 (1.42).
- Jill Heymann triple jumped 32-3 (9.83) to claim third, one place ahead of teammate Andrea Christmas. Christmas had a mark of 31-2 (9.50) for fourth. Heymann also scored in the 60-meter hurdles, placing ninth in 10.33 seconds. She ran a 10.23 in the preliminaries.
- Karina Stetsyuk performed well in the distance events. She was fourth in the 5,000 in 20:33.84. In the mile, Stetsyuk ran a time of 5:57.31 to take seventh.
- The Blazers' final point came from Jasmine Mangle in the 200. The freshman turned in a time of 29.46 seconds, good for eighth place.
- Hood finished with 39 points, just 1.5 behind fifth place King's. Lincoln (Pa.) tallied 134.5 to win the team title.
The Blazers are off until the Orange & Maroon Classic at Susquehanna on January 21.