FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood Blazers won all 14 events against Lebanon Valley to win on Senior Day 138-105.
Ashley Griffin and Kate Sanborn each won three events in the meet. Griffin dominated the freestyle, taking the 50, 100, and 200-yard free. Kate Sanborn had wins in the 100 and 200 breaststroke and the 200 individual medley.
How it Happened
- Griffin cruised to win in three freestyle events. She won the 200 free in 2:07.54 by 6.39 seconds. Griffin took the 50 by a margin of nearly two seconds in 26.05. Her third victory came in the 100, where she again won by a margin of over six seconds in 57.65.
- Sanborn won the 100 and 200 breaststroke in impressive fashion. Her time of 1:11.44 in the 100 bested the field by over seven seconds. Her win in the 200 in 2:37.26 was an astounding 31 seconds ahead of the field. She took the 200 IM in 2:29.18 for her third win of the day.
- Langer opened the afternoon with a win in the 1000 free in 12:39.00. Langer was the winner in the 500 free by over 14 seconds with her time of 5:52.01.
- Brianna Hand-Solomon dominated the backstroke with wins in the 100 and 200. Hand-Solomon won the 100 in 1:09.07. She took the 200 by a margin of 9.66 seconds in 2:22.66.
- Lessard picked up a win in the 200 butterfly with her time of 2:35.29. She took the win in the 100 butterfly in 1:10.03.
- The Blazers won both the 200 medley relay and the 200 freestyle relay. Hand-Solomon, Sanborn, Lessard, and Langer outswam the Flying Dutchmen in the 200 medley in 1:59.75. Hand-Solomon, Lessard, Langer, and Griffin took the 200 free in 1:46.65.
- Hood moves to 2-10 with the win.
- Lebanon Valley falls to 2-8.
The Blazers travel to the Middle Atlantic Conference Championship in York, Pennsylvania from February 9-12.