WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Both teams scored within the first seven minutes of each half but it took until the 109th minute for Lycoming to hold of the Hood College women's soccer team 4-3 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Melissa Merritt, Jasmine Mangle, and Michaela Provinzano all scored for the Blazers, while Jordan Bailey and Jess Leaver added assists.
- ReidAnn Sever played the first half and made four saves. Olivia Feinberg made 12 saves in the last 64 minutes.
How it Happened
- Hood struck first when Merritt took a throw-in from Bailey and put it in the upper 90 in the second minute.
- The lead did not last long, however, as Jordan Lazarich tied the game at the start of the seventh minute off an assist by Elle Sarracco. Sarraco gave the Warriors a 2-1 lead with a goal in the 14th minute.
- Sarracco made it 3-1 just 27 seconds after halftime ended with her second marker of the day.
- The Blazers pulled within a score less than two minutes later. Leaver took a free kick from 40 yards out that found Mangle at the start of the 48th minute. Hood tied the match in the 54th minute on Provinzano's first career goal.
- Neither team scored again until the 109th minute when Taylor Gessner scored the game-winner.
- Joelle Winey stopped seven shots.
- Hood ends its season 7-10-1.