FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's soccer team dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match to the No. 7 Messiah Falcons 6-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Olivia Feinberg turned away 13 shots for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- The Blazers held firm for the majority of the first half with the two teams scoreless into the 37th minute.
- Hood's best opportunity of the half came in the 13th minute when Elisa Botten played a through ball just ahead of Sam Plinke that was scooped up by the keeper.
- Messiah broke through with two goals in the 37th minute to build a 2-0 lead heading into the halftime break.
- Emily Savona sent a shot wide early in the second half that could have put the game at 2-1.
- Feinberg made a diving save in the 53rd minute off of a Messiah volley to keep the game in check.
- The Falcons scored just three minutes later to stretch the lead.
- Three more goals by Messiah bumped the lead to 6-0.
- Hood sinks to 7-9-1, 0-7 in the conference.
- The Falcons move to 12-1-3, 6-1 in MAC Commonwealth play.
- Lydia Ewing was credited with the shutout in goal for the Falcons.
The Blazers travel to Lycoming on Saturday, October 28 at 12 p.m.