ARLINGTON, Va. – Hood College grabbed its fifth win of the season after a late second-half goal from Jordan Bailey lifted the Blazers to a 1-0 victory over Marymount.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hood trailed in first-half shots 8-1 but matched Marymount's second-half shot count when they each recorded eight.
- The Blazers found the back of the net in the 70th minute when Alyssa Nubgaard sent in a free-kick from the corner that was headed into the bottom right of the cage by Bailey.
- The dagger came in the closing three minutes when Ashley Wiedemann made a sliding save off the line after Marymount shot on an open net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Rachel Knoebel made four saves.
- Nubgaard tallied an assist off of Bailey's goal.
- Wiedemann recorded one defensive save.
- Hood improves to 5-1-1, the best seven-match start in school history.
- Marymount drops to 0-3-2.
The Blazers take on Glenville St. at Thomas Athletic Field on Tuesday, September 19 at 4 pm.