FREDERICK, Md.- Hood's College's Alyssa Nubgaard was able to capitalize in the 92nd minute to lift the Blazers to a 2-1 overtime victory over the Juniata Eagles.
Inside the Box Score
- Erin Scarborough assisted on Nubgaard's game-winner and also scored Hood's first goal.
- Rachel Knoebel had nine saves for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- Much of the first half consisted of a balanced attack from both teams until Meadow Walshaw-Wertz found Rotheram on a pass over the top of the defense that was volleyed inside the far post during the 42nd minute.
- Hood answered just one minute later when Scarborough shot a long ball from outside of the box that just crept over the keeper's outstretched arms into the back of the net.
- The second half saw 14 shots, nine from Juniata and five from Hood, with no goals, sending the game to overtime.
- Just two minutes into overtime, Scarborough collected a ball that took an odd bounce in the box, turned and played a pass that was buried by Nubgaard to end the game.
- Juniata held a 17-13 shot advantage.
- Kerry Leonard and Shannon Kriz had three saves apiece for the Eagles. Leonard played the first half, with Kriz finishing out the match.
The Blazers host Immaculata on September 9 at 12 p.m.