FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's soccer team nearly erased a three-goal deficit on Senior Day, but Widener escaped with a 3-2 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- George scored her third goal of the season in the first half.
- Emily Onheiser scored her first collegiate goal in the second half. Elien Comhaire's assist on the play was her first point of the year.
- Rachel Knoebel had eight saves in goal.
How it Happened
- The Pride scored three times in a 10-minute spurt in the first half to take command. Shea Scannell scored in the 18th and 28th minutes, with a tally by Alyssa Dionisio in the 23rd minute accounting for the third goal.
- Hood answered back just before halftime. Widener was issued a yellow card in the 41st minute. On the ensuing free kick, George deposited the ball into the right corner of the net to make it 3-1.
- Onheiser scored her first goal of the year in the 62nd minute to make it 3-2 off an assist from Elien Comhaire.
- Hood kept the pressure on with five more shots over the remainder of the match, including three on goal, but the Pride held on for the win.
- Hood is 3-12-2 on the year, 0-7-1 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Widener has records of 4-11-2 and 2-6 in the league.
- Jenna Keating had three saves for the Pride.
The contest concluded the season for the Blazers.