FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Laura Skorobatsch scored six goals to lead the women's lacrosse team to a 14-3 win over visiting Juniata.
Inside the Box Score
- In addition to her game-high goal tally, Skorobatsch added four draw controls.
- Rachel Slater turned in a stellar all-around performance with three goals, one assist, four ground balls, seven draw controls and three caused turnovers.
- Nikki Lunn led the defense with five caused turnovers and had as many ground balls. The five caused turnovers were one shy of the school record held by five different players.
- Tenley Reeder netted a goal and two assists, while Samy Brandt dished out two assists.
- Danielle Holt stopped seven shots in goal.
How it Happened
- Alexis Orzech and Skorobatsch scored in the first four minutes of action before the Eagles Natalie Gibson cut Hood's lead in half with 11:58 to go in the first half.
- Skorobatsch answered twice in the next 54 seconds and Slater won the following draw control and scored 10 seconds later for a 5-1 Hood lead. Slater scored again before Juniata's Talia Bertrando made it a 6-2 game at halftime.
- Each team scored once in the first 10 minutes of the second half but Hood closed the game with a 7-0 run to seal the victory. Skorobatsch scored three of the goals and Sydney Thomas had her first career marker with 1:58 left for the final goal of the afternoon.
- Andrea Insalaco and Mina Wilt had four ground balls and two caused turnovers apiece for Juniata.
- Isabella Medaris made 10 saves.
- Hood is 3-0 for the first time since a 4-0 beginning to the 2014 season.
The Blazers will look to stay in the win column in Hilton Head, South Carolina with games on March 5-6.