HUNTINGDON, Pa. - Hood College's Rachel Slater had a career-day to lead the women's lacrosse team to a 13-3 win at Juniata in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Slater scored a career-high seven goals and finished with nine points. The junior added five ground balls, five draw controls and five caused turnovers.
- Cassidy O'Neill finished with three goals and Jade Locklear scored twice. Locklear tallied five draw controls.
- Kara Phoubandith added a goal and two assists.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made three saves in goal.
- Hood was credited with a school-record 23 caused turnovers in the game.
How it Happened
- Slater and O'Neill came out firing, scoring every goal as the Blazers built a 5-0 lead less than five minutes into the contest.
- After the Eagles got on the board with 13:18 left in the half, Locklear, Phoubandith and Slater scored down the stretch as Hood built a 7-1 edge at the half.
- The two teams traded goals to open the second half before Slater scored three times during a game-closing 5-1 run.
- Lauren Rowe scored twice for Juniata.
- Mona Wilt scored once and had three draw controls and four ground balls.
- Isabella Medaris stopped 16 shots.
- Hood outshot the Eagles 37-11.
- The win was the Blazers' fifth of the season, their most since 2014.
Hood travels to Albright on March 29 to open Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.