FREDERICK, Md.- Junior Kara Phoubandith notched six goals and an assist to lead the Hood College women's lacrosse team to a victory in its home opener against Lancaster Bible by a score of 17-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater, Cassidy O'Neill, and Jade Locklear each recorded three goals apiece.
- Grace Weaver and Slater each had an assist.
- Locklear had eight draw controls.
- Nikki Lunn and Samy Brandt each scored a goal apiece.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made six saves in goal for the Blazers and added six ground balls.
- Weaver and Locklear each had two caused turnovers.
How it Happened
- Slater scored for Hood less than a minute into the game at the 29:15 mark to give Hood the early advantage.
- Lancaster Bible answered back just 25 seconds later at 28:50 with a goal by Hannah Thompson.
- Phoubandith and Lunn scored the next two goals for Hood before Sarah Vega tallied one for the Chargers making the score 3-2 with 20:25 left in the half.
- Hood responded with four unanswered goals by four different players. Locklear, Phoubandith, Slater, and Brandt each scored during the run.
- A goal by Lancaster Bible at 7:26 made the score 7-3, but the Blazers ended the half with four more unanswered goals. Slater and Phoubandith each had one and Locklear tallied two during the run.
- Phoubandith and O'Neill did all of the scoring for the Blazers with three goals apiece in the second half, while Lancaster Bible could only tally two as the game ended 17-5.
- Thompson led the Chargers with three goals, four ground balls, five draw controls, and three caused turnovers.
- Hope Privitera contributed two assists for Lancaster Bible.
- Nicolette Statuti had nine saves in goal for the Chargers.
- Hood held a 30-14 shot advantage.
Hood hosts Goucher on Saturday, March 3 at 1 p.m.