ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. - Hood College's Jade Locklear reached several milestones at Elizabethtown, but the Blue Jays defended their home field against the Blazers 16-7.
Inside the Box Score
- Locklear scored four goals to lead the Blazers. She now has 106 career tallies and passed both Brandy Noel (103) and Kelsey Blackwell (102) to move into second place all-time at Hood. She moved into tie for third in points with 124 (Katie Vu). With two draw controls in the contest, Locklear set the school's career record with 197.
- Kara Phoubandith added two scores.
- Grace Weaver and Rachel Slater had three ground balls apiece. Slater netted five draw controls, while Weaver caused two turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made 10 saves and caused two turnovers.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 3-1 early, but goals by Locklear and Phoubandith tied the game with 15:19 remaining in the first half. After Emily Garvin gave Elizabethtown the lead, Katie Thompson assisted on three straight goals down the stretch to give the Blue Jays a 7-3 edge at halftime.
- The four goals started a 10-1 run that resulted in a 14-4 lead with 14:21 left in the game. Phoubandith, Locklear and Samy Brandt scored goals for Hood, but to more assists from Thompson helped hold the Blazers at bay.
- Thompson finished with three goals, five assists, four ground balls, six draw controls and six caused turnovers.
- Carly Thompson added four goals and four assists. Madelyn Baker scored five goals and assisted on two others.
- Abby Kopytko made seven saves.
Hood hosts Lancaster Bible on Friday, February 23 at 3 p.m.