Apr 08, 2017
READING, Pa. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell behind early and dropped a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth contest to Alvernia 18-8.
Inside the Box Score
- Three players combined for the Blazers' eight goals. Kara Phoubandith and Jade Locklear scored three apiece. Rachel Slater scored twice.
- Locklear had four draw controls.
- Samantha Bauer led the team with four ground balls.
- Slater and Courtney Hayes each caused two turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made five saves.
How it Happened
- Rachel Judge scored twice in the opening two minutes for the Crusaders to start a six-goal run to start the game.
- Goals by Slater and Locklear pulled Hood within 7-2 with 13:34 to play in the half, but Alvernia rattled off five unanswered scores. Phoubandith beat the buzzer, scoring with one second left, to make it 12-3 at halftime.
- Hood played within a goal of Alvernia in the second half, but the early deficit proved too much to overcome.
- Brooke Campione finished with a game-high six goals. Bridget Reynolds had four goals and four draw controls. Alyson Keene scored three times and Tequila Donnelly dished out three assists.
- Samantha Rothman made five saves in the first half and Kallie Taylor matched her in the second half.
Hood hosts Albright on April 13.