FREDERICK, Md.- Hood College (3-4) built an early lead and dominated at home against Randolph (1-4) as seven different Blazers scored and won 18-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Kara Phoubandith led for the Blazers with five goals and two caused turnovers.
- Christina Murphy, Samy Brandt and Jade Locklear each added a hat trick for Hood. Rachel Slater added two goals, while Allie Appleby and Shay Braithwaite each scored once.
- Slater's aggressive play resulted in six draw controls and three ground balls aided the Blazers' win. Nikki Lunn caused three turnovers with six ground balls. Appleby followed with two caused turnovers and four ground balls.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made six saves for the Blazers.
How it Happened
- Phoubandith opened the scoring for Hood 4:46 into the game on a free position shot.
- The Blazers scored four more goals in eight minutes by Murphy (25:45, 24:20), Slater (21:32) and Locklear (17:47) to take a 5-0 lead.
- Chelsea Marciniak scored for Randolph at 17:30 to check the Blazers' scoring.
- Hood responded with seven goals in the remaining 17 minutes of the half, going up 12-1 at the break.
- Locklear quickly scored at 27:43 in the second half to keep the momentum with the Blazers.
- Hood went on to score five more times in the remainder of the game, winning 18-1.
- Marciniak had the lone goal for the WildCats.
- Teagan Stanley led for Randolph with three ground balls.
- Chrissy Shackleford made 15 saves for the WildCats.
Hood travels to Baltimore to take on Notre Dame of Maryland on Tuesday, March 21.