FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a close Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth bout with the visiting Albright Lions 48-42.
Inside the Box Score
- Ebony Pitt led the way with 14 points, seven rebounds, and four steals.
- Morgan Anderson added a career-high 11 boards and four blocked shots.
- Tamiya Ford blocked three shots.
How it Happened
- The Lions opened the game on a 6-0 run but the Blazers cut the deficit to three after one quarter of play.
- Albright opened up their largest lead of the game (13) with 2:09 left before halftime and led the Blazers 25-14 at the break.
- Hood pulled back within three after two free throws by Laura Vetter to make the score 32-29 with just over three minutes remaining in the third period.
- A three-pointer by Maggie Tien just nine seconds into the fourth quarter brought the Blazers within two, 38-36.
- A bucket and free throw by the Lions extended the lead before Pitt scored back to back baskets for the Blazers to pull them within one, 41-40.
- Albright responded with a three-pointer by Lauren Killion to extend the advantage for good.
- Zaria Mohammed notched a double-double with 10 points and 10 boards.
- Alexa Askins led the Lions in scoring with 13 points and three blocks.
The Blazers host Lycoming on Saturday, January 12th at 1 p.m.