FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team ran into a nationally ranked Messiah squad that racked up 28 assists in an 82-56 loss for the Blazers in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Denisha Robinson led Hood with 10 points, seven rebounds and three assists off the bench.
- Mia Savoy and Lauren Keeney chipped in with eight points each.
- The Blazers shot 7 of 17 from 3-point range (41 percent).
How it Happened
- The Falcons, ranked No. 16 in by D3hoops.com, opened the game with 17-3 run and led 25-10 after the first period.
- Messiah led 41-19 at halftime and followed it up by hitting 10 of 15 field goals (67 percent) in the third quarter to extend the lead to 67-31.
- Hood rallied in the fourth quarter to outscore the Falcons 25-16, including five apiece for Amanda Hackney and Celestria Hill.
- The Falcons shot 54 percent overall and went 12 of 21 from 3-point range (57 percent).
- Five players scored in double figures. Maci Thornton, who went 5 of 6 on 3-pointers, led all players with 15. Leah Springer had 14 off the bench, followed by Kaitlyn Hoff (13), Jen Fairbanks (11) and Alecia Rohrer (11).
- No player had more than Becca Isaac's five assists as the Falcons used excellent ball movement to reach 28 assists.
Hood travels to Arcadia on Saturday, February 17.