READING, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell behind early and dropped an 81-47 final at Albright in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Ebony Pitt shot an efficient 5 of 7 and finished with 11 points.
- Denisha Robinson overcame an off shooting night to lead the team with 12 points and four steals.
- Mia Savoy grabbed seven rebounds and tallied three steals.
How it Happened
- The Lions outscored Hood 42-9 over the first 16 minutes of play. Four different players scored over the last four minutes of the second period, but the Blazers still trailed 47-17 at the half.
- A three-point play by Pitt with 2:05 left in the third pulled Hood within 20, 57-37, but the Lions pulled away in the fourth period.
- Nina Mazzarelli did most of her damage in the first half and led the Lions with 18 points. Alysha Lofton added 17 points and nine boards. Zaria Mohamed and Devan Horka had double-doubles. Mohamed came off the bench for 14 points and 12 rebounds, while Horka netted 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Despite Hood's shooting struggles in the game, both squads posted 26 points in the paint.
The Blazers are idle before traveling to Stevenson on February 7 for a 6 p.m. tip-off.