ALTOONA, Pa. - Hood College's Mia Savoy finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds, but the Blazers could not get much else going offensively in a 96-66 loss at Penn St. Altoona.
Inside the Box Score
- The sophomore forward hit 9 of 18 field goals in the game and sank 5 of 6 at the free throw line. She was just two points and one rebound short of her career-highs.
- Denisha Robinson scored all 13 of her points in the second half.
- Ebony Pitt scored 11 points and added five assists.
- Lauren Keeney finished with four steals.
- The Blazers went 19 of 25 at the free throw line (76 percent).
How it Happened
- After Pitt scored five straight points to tie the game at 11-11 midway through the first period, the Lions closed the period with a 15-0 run to take a 26-11 edge.
- Penn State Altoona shot 57 percent in the first half while limiting Hood to only 21 percent to take a 49-26 edge at halftime.
- Savoy scored six points during an 8-0 run to end the third period as the Blazers cut the deficit to 18 points, 67-49, heading into the final period.
- A layup by Celina Herndon with 6:08 left brought Hood within 15 points, 73-58, but Penn St. Altoona finished the game with a 23-8 run.
- The duo of Paige Burk and Finnley Christine combined for 41 points and 13 assists for the Lions. Burk had 20 points on 7 of 14 shooting with four 3-pointers to go with eight rebounds and seven assists. Christine had a team-high 21 points.
- Kaley Strittmatter had 11 points and 13 rebounds for the double-double. Alexis Cannistraci scored 13 points, while Ijonana Laster and Shannon Zimmerman netted 11 apiece. Cannistraci blocked three shots.
- Turnovers were essentially equal for the two sides, with Hood (15) committing one fewer than the Lions (16). The Blazers were undone by a 28 percent shooting effort, compared to 48 percent for Penn St. Altoona.
Hood returns to Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play on Wednesday, January 24, when Alvernia visits the BT&T Arena.