Jan 10, 2018
GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell on the road to No. 17 Messiah 70-36 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- The freshman duo of Lauren Keeney and Laura Vetter combined for 64 percent of the Blazers' scoring. Keeney hit 3 of 6 from 3-point range and finished with a team-high 12 points. Vetter scored 11 points on 4 of 5 shooting.
- Mia Savoy led Hood with six rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Falcons opened the game with a 22-6 run and led 40-16 at halftime.
- Messiah turned 31 Blazer turnovers into 35 points.
- Leah Springer went 7 of 11 shooting on her way to a game-high 18 points.
- Alecia Rohrer had a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
- Kaitlin Hoff added 11 points and five assists, while Kristen Smoluk netted six steals.
Hood travels to Widener on January 13.