FREDERICK, Md. – Stevenson built a big lead in the first half, pushing the Mustangs over the Blazers 76-51.
Inside the Box Score
- Dajah Gee led the Blazers with 14 points.
- Mia Savoy followed with 10 points, shooting 71 percent (5 of 7).
- Taylor McGaughey added seven points and eight rebounds for Hood.
How it Happened
- Stevenson jumped to a 13-0 lead in the first quarter.
- The Mustangs led by 21 points at the end of the first half, 39-18. Hood came out of halftime with a strong third quarter.
- Gee started the third quarter scoring with a 3-pointer at 9:28.
- The Blazers went on a 15-5 run at the end of the third quarter.
- Savoy began the run with a jump shot at 5:44, the first of six points for the freshman during the run.
- Celina Herndon, Gee, and McGaughey each contributed four, two and three points respectively to the run.
- Hood outscored Stevenson in the third quarter 22-14.
- Hood shot 33 percent (7 of 21) from the field to Stevenson's 44 percent (15 of 34) in the first half of the contest. In the second half Hood improved and shot 43 percent (13 of 30) to Stevenson's 41 percent (14 of 34).
- Sara Tarbert led the Mustangs with a double-double, which included 22 points and 14 rebounds. Niavanni Grant added 12 points for Stevenson.
Hood travels to Widener Saturday, February 11, in search for redemption from their 60-57 loss in January.