FREDERICK, Md. The Hood Blazers fell short in a tight game against the Lycoming Warriors 56-52 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Dajah Gee and Allie Appleby led the Blazers with 13 points and four assists each.
- Gee added 10 rebounds to complete her second double-double of the year.
- Taylor McGaughey scored 11 points, shooting 3 of 7 from 3-point range.
- Deaja Colden finished with nine rebounds and three steals.
How it Happened
- Lycoming came out strong and jumped to a seven-point lead, 10-3, at 5:59 in the first quarter.
- After trailing 16-13 after the first quarter, Hood battled back took the lead with a jump shot by Colden with 7:10 left in the second quarter.
- Lycoming led at the half 28-24, but the Blazers bounced back quickly in the third quarter with a 3-pointer by Allie Appleby at 9:23. Colden scored one minute later for a 29-28 advantage for Hood. The Blazers led by as many as four in the period, including after a pair of free throws by Appleby to make it 41-37 with 2:00 to go in the period.
- At the beginning of the fourth quarter, Hood led 44-39 with a 3-pointer by Dajah Gee with 9:09 on the clock. The Warriors made a strong 15-5 run during the fourth quarter and led the Blazers 54-49 with 3:37 left in the game.
- Shelby Mueller led the Warriors with 19 points, 11 rebounds, and three steals. Kayla Kline followed for the Warriors with 11 points and seven rebounds. Nicole Calella added eight points and four steals for Lycoming.
- Hood went 7 of 19 from 3-point range to stay in the game while limiting the Warriors to just 1 of 7.
Hood travels to Alvernia next on Wednesday, January 25 for a conference game in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth.